I have never had a great memory.
When I see somebody with one, I get a little sad because I am reminded "my memory is lacking." Now, when it matters, I can find ways to remember (usually writing it down). However, if it is something I did subconsciously or somebody tells me info in passing, I will not remember. No way! No how! I won't remember!
I don't like that I forget but it's something I do...a lot. Further, I have trouble seeing. Yes, I wear glasses but not seeing like "I see you" but rather trouble seeing something I've misplaced. These are actual conversations...
Stu: "Where are my sunglasses?"
Dev: "On your head."
Stu: "Oh."
Stu: "Where is my wallet?"
Dev: "On the table."
Stu: "It's not there!"
Dev: "Try your pocket."
Stu: "Oh."
Today, we wanted to walk to Target. I go put in my contacts and I rub my eye. My contact shot out of my eye and vanished. Assuming it was on the floor, I am on my hands and knees looking for a tiny, clear plastic contact with my one good eye. The floor of the bathroom is dimly lit and I couldn't see diddly-squat. Sensing my contact was drying out, I yell for Dev's help. No lie...before she walks through the bathroom door, she said "it's on the sink." I MEAN SERIOUSLY! HOW DOES SHE DO THAT?!?! I had been laboring for what seemed like hours squinting on the floor when ol' Eagle Eye spots the tiny, clear contact a mile away.
Meanwhile, what is Asa doing while this is going on? He is in the background fake coughing because that is his new trick. It is the most feeble fake cough ever. Why does he do this? Asa is a cute kid and cute kids do cute things...like fake cough. [cough...cough]
6 comments:
wow, what a neat post. it's funny/real-life/humorous! i think we have ALL had these conversations before. the pics are priceless. your post are an amazing jouney into your/family's life. a neat way to journal-i do it the "old" way with pen and paper, you do it the "new" way with a computer. wow! keep up the good works. love ya'll, poppop
It's genetics. I'm serious; it's just genetics...a male dominant gene. Your dad does the same thing. Sometimes I think he does it as a joke but nope, he's serious. I'd call it a curse just like his side of the closet has piles of clothes...Devanee and Amanda know exactly what I mean so I won't go there. (I think this is where I say something like, "Admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery" or something like that.) :)
I really do love the post and the picture and can't wait to hear Asa's new tricks in person. He's growing so very fast. We're really proud of all 3 of you.
Love y'all.
hmmmm, yes of course, it's the dominant male gene!;);) hunny, i think we need to increase your meds. ;)poppop
What a great family picture! Email it to me so I can print it out and frame it. I need a pic of your family for my wall.
Love Ya
Aunt Jo
What a great family photo of yall! Someday, Asa is going to look back and read all of this and enjoy it so much! Well, maybe, not when he's a teenager, but later, you know what I mean...in the meantime, you two are amazing, and Asa is so lucky to have you as parents. You can tell even on the cute look on Stu's face in the first photo on this post...and the beauty of the second pic...God bless you always...love ya!
what a beautiful family! Asa is getting so big!
Post a Comment