It started off great. We woke up and headed to church. Dev's parents watched Asa so it was just me and Dev. Church was fantastic and gave me a fun start to my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
To help us find a place to live, we have used a wonderful realtor named Mrs. Fran (she reminds me of an older Cate Blanchett). However, she was out of town and we made plans with another realtor to show us a property. That realtor never showed up or called. Very uncool.
All was not lost. We decided to take matters into our own hands and searched for other properties. Dev called Centex (a builder) to ask about a property with a FOR SALE sign in the front yard.
a. He wouldn't stop talking to Dev. He was trying to make the sale on the phone.
b. He called us later that day to again try to make the sale on the phone, talking to me this time. I don't even remember what he said.
After returning home, Asa started breathing heavy. Then he broke out in a rash that covered his face, neck, back, etc. To top it off, he threw up...twice. We were in panic mode, called Pop Pop and gave him some benadryl.
Next is where the tears came. While in my care, Asa hit his head. He began to cry (me, too) uncontrollably. I felt horrible. To understand his pain, I hit my head the same way. Then I hit my hand. Then I hit my elbow. Then I cried more.
Dev calmed screaming Asa down by nursing him. Dev's Dad walked into the room to check on Asa. It was a great moment when her dad realized what she was doing. Both hands covered his face and he ran out of the room screaming he was sorry.
After that, my ingrown toe nail started bleeding. I had to dig around it to fix it. It's gross I know. But it happened. Then Dev kicked on accident. Then Dev stepped on it (she said on accident again).
Randomly, I knocked everything off the night stand because I'm a clutz. On a "lighter" note, after the lamp fell, the light bulb shined brighter...because the coiled filament messed up.
Lakers won. Eesh.
When I was getting ready for bed and was brushing my teeth, Dev told me MY toothbrush was in the toiletries bag. I was brushing with somebody else's toothbrush. It wasn't mine or Dev's. It was green like mine but definitely wasn't mine. Eww.
What a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
I'm going to bed...
5 comments:
Stuart I'm sorry you had a bad day, but I just read this to Jared and we are both dying laughing. I was having a bad morning and now I'm not. Your bad day made my bad morning. -Jo
Well, Alexander, I mean Stuart, some days are like that... even in Boerne. :)
Hey, that doesn't sound like a bad day at all. I mean, think about what the Choctaw Indians had to do back in 1831. They were removed from their homeland (Alabama, Louisianna, Mississippi) and forced to WALK 1200 miles to Oklahoma. On top of that over 1/4 of them died from disease, fatique, and starvation. So, next time you have a bad day and decide to blog about it you remember the Natives.
Even though that was a very bad day, your post made me smile. : )
Stuart, Your story made me sad, very sad, but your last picture made me smile...such a peaceful picture. I hope that Asa is better, and that all of your body parts have healed, too. I don't think that Dennis will ever get over entering the room while Dev was nursing Asa...poor guy, he won't ever sleep again...he will have many "horrible, no good, very bad nights!"
Post a Comment