Dev was out of the house the other day so me and the boys opted for an evening walk. It was a fantastic walk because I got to hear Ace dream. Here is a rough transcript of our conversation...
Stu: "Ace, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Ace: "I want to fly space ships. I want to be an astronaut."
Stu: "What do you want to do when you fly space ships?"
Ace: "Push the buttons."
Stu: "What do you want to do in space?"
Ace: "Go to Mars." (Not sure where he heard about Mars)
Teen walks by with no shoes on the sidewalk.
Ace: "Why doesn't he have shoes?"
Stu: "I don't know. Some folks don't have shoes."
Ace: "Why not?" (He is in a why phase.)
Stu: "Some people don't have money for shoes. What would you do to help people with no shoes?"
Ace: "Go to Mars." (Without missing a beat)
Stu: "Why would you go to Mars?"
Ace: "To get money."
I love that he wants push buttons and get to Mars. I love that he wants to help others and going to Mars is his solution. More than that, I am excited that Ace is dreaming.
If Ace chooses to go to Mars, it will take him 9 months to get there...he will need a hobby. One possible hobby could be singing. He learned a song last week at KIDS CREEK LIVE (family church for lack of better words) called "Like a Lion." He has been singing it all week. We posted a video of Asa singing this song on FB.
Jeremy Boeselt (the worship leader at our church), Rachel Boeselt (Jeremy's wife) and Steve Miller (on the worship team) saw the video and basically gave Ace his very own jam session. Honestly, it was one of the coolest opportunities Ace has had! Period! And of course, I videoed it.
3 comments:
Love it. Love it that Ace man is growing up in the company of such servant hearted, Christlike people like you, Dev, Jeremy, Rachel, Steve...the list goes on and on. Love our church!
THAT'S IT, THAT'S IT! Ace has such acute hearing we need to put a guitar in his hand and see what happens. Now, how that goes with his extreme sense of smell I don't know but it will be interesting to see! Guess I have a bday idea now. And AWESOME jam session, BTW! LOVE IT! LOVE ACE!
Wow! How cool is this! Asa,I sure love hearing you sing.
Post a Comment