For the past month, we have been on an adventure. Actually, I think I use that word too much and I think journey better describes what we have been up to. Journey is decribed in dictionaries as going from place to place. This has been our life. Typically, when camp ends, we look forward to the laid back slow season where a trip to Wal-Mart 3 miles down the road is a big deal. However, this fall has been anything but typical.
Anticipating our departure from Birmingham, we decided to visit the Birmingham hot spots that we had not seen yet. This included the Birmingham Zoo and Sloss Furnace.
I was intially hesitant to go to these locations because I knew it would involve a lot of walking and I did not want to exhaust Dev. However, Dev has yet to be slowed down by the baby and I have no clue why I figured a trip to see Bobo the Polar Bear or behemoth steel making machines would be any different. These two trips jump started the journey for the next 4 weeks. Since then, we have traveled over 2,918 miles traveling from Birmingham to Mount Pleasant to New Braunfels, etc... multiple times. This trek has included an Ike Cream Party (thanks to the hurricane), an Ike and Tennis Tournament (not to be confused with Ike and Tina), arrowheads discovered in South Texas, elephantine bass, good food, and a face to go with a name.

That's right. You read this thing correctly. I said a face to go with a name and no the baby has not been born. Since early in the pregnancy we decided his name would be Asa. This was only confirmed with the first glimpse of him at our first Ultrasound visit where we knew we were looking at an Asa. However, you do not get a lot from the initial Ultrasound with the exception of the sex of the baby and counting the fingers and toes. You do not get a detailed look at their cheeks, lips, or nose. You cannot tell who the baby favors. You just see a vauge image while a doctor points out features that make absolutely no sense. You find yourself saying "Are you sure that's a head?" However, on Monday, we were able to see all these details prior to the birth of Asa. We took a trip to have a 4D Ultrasound with Dev's parents in New Braunfels. I felt like we cheated because we could see him with no birth pains and no poopy diapers. It is very clear that we have the cutest baby in the world. I am not surprised because I did make him. Take a look for yourself...
I have titled this picture "Great lips" because it accentuates his voluptuous kisser.
I have titled this picture "Like mother like son" because the more Asa grows the more I see Dev make this face.
I have titled this picture "Chubby Bunny" because look at those cheeks! Need I say more?
The baby is 30 weeks and weighs over 3 pounds (much smaller than the Bass Dev is holding in the picture). In the evenings, I like to watch Dev's belly shake, rattle, and roll as Asa moves. Asa is doing incredibly well growing, moving, and being cute. As for me and Dev, we are rocking and rolling and enjoying the journey while the baby bakes in the oven. Much love.
4 comments:
while the baby bakes in the oven?? not quite, but that's so exciting!
That is amazing ! I am marveling at the handy works of our Lord.
Thank you for sharing.
The kids at New River say hello.
Karen
If you would like to post a comment but do not have a Blogger ID, under "Choose an identity" select "Name/URL". This will allow you to post but not have to have a blogger id.
Dev & Stu, Technology is great, but God is amazing! What He has given you is such a gift of life, of creation! What a lucky baby--to have you as parents! Now, remember to do your kegels and practice everyday. We still have to get that last class in, even if by long distance...we'll figure it out. After all, there is technology...Love, Karon
P.S. Can I be Auntie????
Post a Comment