Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Just around the river bend"

This is Asa's first summer and he loves it....





I, on the other hand, have a love-hate relationship with the summer.

I love the fact that it is summer. Summer makes me think of trips to the Longview Mall, Wendy Peffercorn, and late night basketball. I can hop on my bike, ride it to Main Plaza, listen to live German music, and eat a snow cone. This only happens in the summer.

What doesn't settle well with me during the summer is the Texas heat. IT IS EVERYWHERE! I rolled down my window today thinking I will cool myself off by letting the wind blow through my beautiful brown locks...I broke a sweat! It felt like a heater was blasting me in the face! Not cool!

This is the first summer in 5 years I have not been traveling for camp. It has given us the opportunity to experience a bit of normalcy...well if you call letting your wife ride a boat dressed as Pocahontas with a bunch of shirtless cowboys normal.




On July 4th, we got to spend the holiday with Dev's family at the lake. While me and Asa took a nap, Dev got to participate in a Lake Parade, where they won 1st place for having the hottest squaw. My mom and Dad also came down that weekend to see Boerne in all its splendor first hand. We spent a day perusing Main Street stopping briefly in antique stores, the bakery, and a fantastic Mexican restaurant.




We've had a good summer so far, and although I don't like the summer heat, jumping in a shaded kiddy pool takes the edge off my sunburn.

4 comments:

John and Kari said...

The lap pad! It's like a sheet saver, but smaller. (literally covers just your lap if you put it there) Someone gave them to us and we thought we should use them in Jack's car seat just in case his diaper leaked on one of his MANY trips he's taken so far. I found something similar here on the babies r us website. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2953540

They have worked wonders for us. He's leaked twice on them. Once in the car and the other time at church!

Good luck!! :)

Dev said...

Isn't Asa's lifejacket da bomb??? Thanks Diana/mom/Omee!

Hunny said...

I think Dev and all her boat mates need to organize another boat parade in November. I think it could be another "shoe in" win.
It looks like it was a fun time on the fourth.

Karon said...

Wish I could have been there for that Lake Parade, but I didn't know they were having one! Heck, we don't even have one on the Comal, but then, what would we do with all the tourists? My favorite picture was of Asa, Dev and the big Daddy Gorilla in the Baby Jungle Pool! Cool Way for the "Family" to cool off. Someday, when you have your full-sized pool, you must have this blown up and framed...