
Help me remind my kids that I (Stu) had nothing to do with these cupid pics. Asa went through this as well.
It's Valentine's Day and I feel I should be telling some sort of 'ooey gooey' love story.
I'm all out of those. But I do have a story about Goo...it's sort of the same thing.
As you know, I work with kids. We like to make weird stuff to engage their senses. We once made Goo out of cornstarch and water- weirdest stuff ever. It is a liquid until you touch it. As soon as you handle it, the Goo solidifies. Truly, it makes no sense. Asa (my 2 yr old) reminds me of that Goo. Let me explain.
Much of the day, Asa has fun. He stays busy playing with play-doh or coloring or shoving a passie in his brother's mouth. He does lots of things that would excite any 2 year old. However if you interrupt his play to do something like take a bath or change his diaper, he turns to Goo. Yes, I said Goo.
As soon as you touch him, the kid's bones completely dissolve. He falls to the ground. No longer can he stand. His fingers go limp. His neck no longer supports his head. He turns to Goo. (Dev likes to call this his own interpretation of the Wicked Witch's "I'm melting" scene.)
But the weirdest thing happens as soon as you let go of his arm...his bones solidify again.

3 comments:
I call that "going boneless". Yes, I had several children who were expert in going boneless. I'll just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...'nuf said.
Too funny. You need to do it with him, Stu. Remember your "inner child". See what he does when you "melt". I'd love to see a 6'3" man go boneless myself. lol
These are such cute pics...Abe is developing a darling personality! You can see that in his eyes. You are a great photographer, Stu! Dev, what a darlin' outfit and creative background!
And Asa, well, we know his personality is intact, and where some of his traits are inherited, right? How precious!!! It's funny how some of that genetic material is transferred!
Post a Comment