Wednesday, March 25, 2009

To a theater near you...

For Christmas, I bought Asa and my two nephews one of my favorite books, Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. If you look closely at the picture below, you will notice one of the characters from the book with orange hair and too much blue eye shadow sitting in between the buffalo and the raccoon. (BTW - Asa is the bear in the middle of the pic)



I am a kid that is still stuck in the 80s (even though this book is not from the 80s...I am and that's when I first read it so I reference it to the 80s) and I liked being a kid. I can't pinpoint what I liked...but I liked a whole lot of stuff.

-Gummy Bears (Saturday Morning Cartoon)
-Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Book)
-Fraggle Rock
-Slap Bracelets
-McDonald's Birthday Parties
-The Easter Story on a Felt Board
-Troll Dolls
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I am flashing back to my childhood now because they are coming out with what could be the greatest movie...ever. I thought I would share the exciting news with ya'll.

Click on the link for the movie trailer, Where The Wild Things Are.

4 comments:

Jennifer Fountain said...

I can't wait for this movie!! Just wait until Asa gets older and you'll have an excuse to watch/play with TMNT again. Jeff went to get toys for Jayden's bday and I think he wanted to get 2 of everything. We introduced Jayden to Fraggle Rock via WalMart's $5 bin. Being a parent has so many perks and getting to "be" a kid again is one of them!!

Dori Ballard said...

I just hope the move does the book justice. That book is awesome and could easily be ruined by a bad movie.

poppop said...

hmmmmm,"where the wild things are"--why does that remind me of when stu and his sibs were young? hmmm, now THAT would make a great book AND movie. asa, ohhhh, the stories i will tell you later. we're going to have such a good time. love ya, poppop

Karon said...

I remember another scene like this from another movie....remember when E.T. was hidden in the stuffed animals by the little girl in the movie (Drew Barrymore)? Well, ASA could star in a new movie entitled "Don't Stay Out Late, Phone Home, You Wild Things!" And that would be his first sermon, since he will probably follow in his father's footsteps and become a youth minister.