Of all the state parks I have visited, Enchanted Rock State Park stands as one of my favorites because it is the biggest hunk of pink granite I've ever seen. Ever seen pictures of that big red rock in Australia? Well, this is Texas' version of Ayer's Rock. I go to E-rock and I smile.
Asa doesn't share my sentiment. "This rock ain't enchanted" is what I heard Asa screaming the entire trip up the trail. Of course, he wasn't saying this literally....it was more like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH". The kid has some lungs and doesn't need to take many breaths.
Despite his strong opinion, we still had fun. We had even more fun when we started feeding Asa marshmellows. Dev said, "I've never given him more than a couple marshmellows at one time" as we fed him at least half the bag.

Dev would like to end this post with a question: How many pink granite countertops do you think could be made out of a piece of granite that large? (Not that she would want that to really happen.)
Cheers!
3 comments:
I just wanted to point out that Asa is almost half Dev's size. By the time he's four he will be bigger than you.
Asa is growing up...that means it's time for a little brother/sister.
He probably wasn't too enchanted about the marshmellows, either.
Post a Comment