Sunday, August 29, 2010

Adios August

Dev here... I just downloaded photos from our camera and realized we have had quite the busy August.

We started out the month hanging out on a creek near Kerrville with some friends from church. It was hot outside, but the water was cool and the company was good.


Relaxing on the Paradise Island float.

I think Stu had fun being "one of the boys."


Braving the raging creek.

Then, the Malone's were vacationing in New Braunfels, so we made a few visits to see them on their week-long stay. We hadn't see Gary or Allison in over a year and had never met Eli, so it was nice to spend some time with them.


Asa showing Eli how to rock the Karaoke Machine.


On August 12th, we had our 4th anniversary. We celebrated by going to a swanky Czech/German restaurant called Little Gretel's for breakfast. The waitress sat us in "Prauge" and then we had a random assortment of homemade pastries. It was soo good.


Happy 4 years!

The owner/head chef came by to say HELLO so we had to get a pic with her and Ace.

After that we headed to NB to meet with Gary and Allison to go toobing down the Comal. Everyone made it through the toob chute just fine, but Gary happened to loose his hat when he stopped to snorkel. Well, I guess we kinda lost it. He had designated us as "hat watchers," but we didn't do such a good job. When he got back, it was gone. We saw someone hold up a different hat and we contemplated taking that one, but decided against it.

Finally, Stu and I headed to a nice restaurant, just the two of us. All in all, it was a nice anniversary.


August held some days where we just played in the park. It was HOT, but the swings help to give a nice little breeze.
Gotta love the swings...

Gotta love my boys...

And of course, August means we went on the Chapman Family Vacation! Hunny and Pop Pop came down on Saturday to see our new house and they were sweet enough to watch Asa as we went to the airport. Anna and Nathan flew in from KC to San Antonio, so picked them up and went to a super Mexican restaurant called La Fogata per Nathan's suggestion. Felt like we stepped into Mexico when we went through the courtyard doors. They had some of the best guacamole I've ever had!


The Newlyweds...

For vacation this year we went to Wimberly and one big take away from the week was our family is getting BIG. This year there were 15 of us, 5 of those being little ones.

Since we didn't go to the beach this year, I'd have to say Jackson, Dylan, and Asa were the main attraction. I didn't take as many photos as I should have, but here are some of what I got...



The B.O.B.


Beautiful Hill Country sunset.


Asa wanted to "hold" Hutch. He'll be a good big bro.

Jack, Jared, Amanda & Hutch...

La, Hensley, Dylan, & Jeremy...

As per tradition, everyone chose a cooking partner for the week and we competed for "The Best Meal" and "The Best Dessert." Everyone made tasty dishes, and this year's meal winners were Nathan & Jeremy for their Freebird Burritos and the dessert winners were Laura and Anna for their Strawberry Cake. Congrats to the Hamptons & Goodnights for their clean sweep!


Making Beginets. Amanda's were better than Cafe Du Monde I'd say!


3 of us, soon to be 4.

And, here is my growing belly. In the previous post you can see Baby B in 4D. Interesting tidbit: I went in for the ultrasound at 30 weeks, but when they measured the baby's head and chest, he measured at 32 weeks. So, we shall see if he's gonna be big or I'll deliver early. I'm hoping for the
latter!



Baby Belly @ 30 weeks.

5 comments:

Jared, Amanda, Jackson & Hutch said...

By the way, once you hit 38 weeks were hitting up the haunted house in San Antonio. Rumor has it, it will put you into labor ;).

OMee said...

What a wonderful summer you have had. Great pictures of every group. Love ya'll ALL lots!!!

Hunny said...

You've had a very busy but very memorable August. I'm so glad that we were a part of it. Love y'all~

lala the mama said...

Fun pictures! You have the cutest little belly. Almost makes me wish I was preg again…but not quite. ;)
Moochy Smoochy!

Karon said...

Looks like you covered a lot of territory and all in one blog!!!