We have another baby boy. Abe Wyatt is his name. I feel like he was delivered into our arms by a tornado that came and went really fast.
Here is the story/timeline...
The doctor tells us Dev is dilated to a 3-4 on Wednesday afternoon at 4:30pm. He goes on to say "there are people in L&D as far along as you with an epidural. Let's induce tomorrow morning at 5:30am." I took that to mean he had a long day and wanted to go home. He also said if Dev's water broke this weekend, she could deliver in 20 minutes. On a side note, we live 30 minutes from the hospital.
Wednesday Afternoon
5:45pm - Dev's mom picks up Asa.
6:00pm - Dev's contractions felt like "someone hitting [her] with a baseball bat."
11:30pm - I tell Dev I can't go to sleep because I'm excited.
11:31pm - I'm sleeping.
Thursday Morning
2:00am - Dev wakes me up by hitting the bed and yelling at me.
2:30am - We are driving down I-10 to get to the hospital.
2:45am - Dev yells in the car mid contraction "SOMETHING IS COMING OUT!"
2:46am - I pee on myself. I gas the car.
2:47am - The contraction ends and there is no baby. I yell back "DON'T SAY STUFF LIKE THAT." Dev yells back "I WILL YELL WHATEVER I WANT."
2:48am - Hazard lights are on. I'm going 85 mph in a 65 mph zone.
3:00am - Arrive at the hospital.
3:30am - Dev is dilated to a 7.
5:15am - Dev's water breaks on it's own with an audible *pop*.
5:50am - Dev pushes.
6:04am - Abe arrives weighing 5lbs 13oz and 19.5in long. Amanda Chapman wins the baby pool!
6 comments:
WoooWhoo. Were so excited for y'all. I think my prize should be that I am always considered Abe's favorite aunt.
The picture of Asa and Abe is so precious! We are very happy for yall and cannot wait to meet baby Abe.
That has to be the most precious picture ever!! Abe will always feel his big brother's love. What a blessing to be able to watch them grow up together! Love you guys (that includes your mom and dad)!!
hahaha I laughed out loud at a few of your events on the timeline... peeing on yourself being one of those. I don't know, for some reason, I can believe you really did. :)
So glad that you made it to the hospital in time! Proud of Dev too!! Abe is more than precious. Congrats, Papa!!
Lol love the birth story! He is so cute and Asa is going to be such a great big brother! Congrats!
Awww, our sweet little Abe is so precious and Asa is an incredible big brother. We're so proud of our little guys and their parents, too. (I gotta mention that your story is funnier in person--facial expressions and body language mixed with a little panic really add to your story.) :)
Post a Comment