Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Safari

We did something a little different this Mother's Day. But first off...
  • Did I buy Dev flowers (& Tomato plants) for Mother's Day? Yes.
  • Did we give her a card from me and one from the boys? Yes.
  • Did Ace hand-paint Dev magnets? Yes.
Besides that stuff, we opted to make a Mother's Day memory. I know what you're thinking..."Stu, you just didn't want to spend any money? Your cheap." However, I bet you wouldn't say that if you knew that we took Dev on a Safari. Like a real Safari. Like a "these animals could eat your face off" Safari.

Well, believe it or not, that's exactly what we did. Dev, the boys and I spent Mother's Day afternoon at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. Armed with my camera and a bag of feed, we drove through the park filled with exotic wildlife and caught a glimpse of some pretty awesome animals. The only protection we had from the wild beasts was
from our vehicle.
Ace enjoy throwing food out the window at the rams and zebras while Abe melted in his car seat (98 degrees... that was the temp, not the band).

The older I get, the more I appreciate making memories. From what I've found, there are huge returns and benefits when you take the time to invest in your family. Like Devanee says, "All the stuff we buy will end up in a garage sale or the trash, but memories can last a lifetime." I'm pretty sure she enjoyed her Mother's Day Safari. Who knows, maybe we'll go to Kenya next year...


2 comments:

OMee said...

COOL! I mean, hot day, cool pics. I'm glad you didn't go so-far-i as Kenya. NBWLR is far-i enough.;) You are right, the memories far out last the stuff. Good job, Stu, on the MD plans! AC was certainly excited about all of it as I know Dev was.

Hunny said...

Sounds like Mother's Day was a fun family time. I agree with Dev; too much of our stuff ends up in garage sales or Goodwill. Memories last forever...or in my case (with my family history), I hope they do. :) Sure do love all of you~