Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Cat in the Hat

We have been incredibly fortunate to have such supportive family and friends that insist on showering Asa with clothes. Clothes, by the way, that make him too cool!

Today was a dreary day that gave us the opportunity to test out hats. To help me tell how today went, I will be using lines from Dr. Suess' classic The Cat in the Hat (with a few of my own additions).
The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
all that cold, cold, wet day.


I sat there with Asa.
We sat there, we two.
And I said, "How I wish
We had something to do!"


Too wet to go out
And too cold to play ball.
So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all.


So all we could do was to
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
And we did not like it.
Not one little bit.


And then
We remembered your gift!
How that made our day shift!



In summary, Asa is one cool cat...in a HAT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Asa, you're one cool cat for sure---whether you're in a hat or not. Sure do love you and mom and dad, too.

Anonymous said...

Not gonna lie, I have a favorite hat. Like the one I MADE! (toot toot) Asa makes me look good.

Anonymous said...

Kiss,kiss,kiss...that's what I would do to that sweet face that I love & miss!

Karon said...

Sorry the hat show I missed, I am, but now I have seen it and Asa looks grand!
He only needs one thing, the cat in the hat said, make sure!
Just find it,
and buy it
a LONGHORN chapeau!

Never mind, AK will get him one (like you would EVER let him wear it!)