Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Christmas Card...Let me explain.

As many of you know, we sent out Christmas Cards. The cards included a picture of Asa in a...well...less than manly, less than flattering picture of him naked with a red bow. If you didn't get one and want one, just let me know. It might be easier if I just show you the picture...



You can't tell this from this photograph, but Asa will one day be a quarterback. Whether he makes that choice on his own or if his father strongly 'encourages' him in that direction, it will happen. Now your asking yourself..."Why would you make a future quarterback pose like that? What must be going through that poor kid's head?" Well, Gary Malone, a college roommate of mine, did a great job interpreting what Asa is thinking while this photo was taken. He said ...

1. "They would never do this to themselves."
2. "My bum is freezing!"
3. "This red thing itches!"
4. "When was the last time a quarterback posed like this?"
5. "I'll make you think cute. Just put your face right behind my tush!"
***This is one of those pics that will go in the back of his senior year book.


I would like to take this time to explain why the picture was taken like this.
1. It wasn't his Dad's idea.
2. It was his Mom's idea.
3. He was our Christmas Present SO he was wearing a bow.
4. We were inspired by Anne Geddes.
5. We wanted to make his senior year book memorable.

I will leave you with a picture of Asa in the manliest outfit I could find...dressed as a bear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with the bow, huh people??? ;)

Karon said...

The bow is precious, Dev, but you've gotta admit, that a future quarterback MUST be photographed in camo or the like for posterity's sake. Great compromise! Just watch out for any more of those bombs!