.jpg)
When I was little, I was raised to dream. My parents (whether they knew it or not) embraced what Walt Disney once said - "If you can't dream it, you can't do it." I was routinely told on Saturday mornings to go find a fort in the woods (typically a fallen tree) or encouraged as a 1st grader to make my siblings a Christmas present (a tradition continued today). We were taught to use our imagination and again, dream. They used to tell us that we can be anything we wanted to be. For the longest time, I wanted to be a Zoo Keeper. I loved anything that moved. Did mom or dad discourage this? Absolutely not! In fact, they did everything they could to help affirm and confirm our dreams. During the time I wanted to be a Zoo Keeper, my parents allowed me to own many types of animals including hamsters, a cockatoo, cockatiels, dogs, cats, fish, horses, cows, turtles, tadpoles, sheep, and even hedgehogs to name a few.
.jpg)
Since Asa has come, I have began to dream and think about what he will be like...
"will he play sports?"
"will he eat chunky tomatoes or onions?" (I never did)
"who will his looks favor?" (currently Dev - which is a great thing)
"will he have rhythm?" (I know I don't)
and of course...
"what will he want to be when he grows up?"
However, this last question got me to thinking. Since my days of wanting to be a Zoo Keeper, my dreams have evolved. However, if I was not limited financially, politically, socially, or by anything else, what do I want to be when I grow up? I have decided to share with you my top 3 careers I wish I could have...
1. Own a residential camp stuck deep in the heart of the hill country (Texas) like this one.
2. Be a Toy Maker and no - its not because I have the same initials as Santa Claus - more like the Toy Maker, played by Benny Hill, on Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
3. Write children's books that provoke kid's imaginations with Jared illustrating them. These books would be compared to Where the wild things are or Leonardo the Terrible Monster.
All that to say, who knows what Asa or I will become? All we can do is dream.
Please feel free to share your dreams and/or give suggestions on how I can accomplish my dreams.
2 comments:
Dev,
Stuart has some mad photography skills. Maybe he should become a professional photographer!
Your baby is gorgeous!
I want to help you with your dreams, love. You get to writing and I'll be your editor. Worked in college ;)
Post a Comment