Friday, November 6, 2009

Turkeys can't floss & Dragons don't share Birthday Cakes.



Mr. Turkey was sad. "I wish there was a better way to eat corn. Eating it off the cob is so unattractive. I gets stuck in your teeth and everyone knows turkeys can't floss."

"Hello Mr. Turkey," said Mr. Dragon. "I think I can help with your kernel problem." Right away he took a deep breath and breathed fire, turning the cob into an explosion of popcorn.

Mr. Turkey tasted the new, puffy nibblets. "WOWSERS!" said Mr. Turkey. "It's quite scrumptious."

The dragon swelled with pride and said "Life is more delicious with friends." He continued, "Dragons don't usually have friends because we have spikes. Oh, and there's this nasty rumor that we don't share our birthday cakes."

Mr. Turkey replied, "Well, the spikes I can deal with, and I can see where the not- sharing-your-cake-thingy would be a problem. But, if you give me some more of that popcorn, I think I can overlook cake issue."

"So, would you like to be friends?" Mr. Dragon eagerly asked.

"By all means," answered Mr. Turkey.

And with that, Mr. Dragon became the happiest dragon in the world because he finally had a friend.

The End.

**on a side note - This was inspired by the below picture. Contributors were Devanee & Jared.



3 comments:

poppop said...

well, i think that is about the neatest (aka-sweetest) dragon/turkey story i've EVER read! now, put it in a bookcover and i'll buy it along with the rest of the millions of needy parent/kids of this usa that need good story-lines to sleep on! just wow'd again. love ya, poppop

OMee said...

That is one cute story. Especially since the turkey is so brave being as he could easily become "fried" turkey if he didn't put trust in his new friend. You could do a whole series on the friendship and fun turkey and dragon share. Love'd it. Love ya'll.

Karon said...

All three are darlin'...the turkey, the dragon, and the story. I am certain that we will see more of all of them in the future!