Stu usually writes the blog posts and I (Devanee) just give ideas and edit,
but today I will be writing. We'll see how it goes and maybe I'll do more writing in the future.
but today I will be writing. We'll see how it goes and maybe I'll do more writing in the future.

Most of the time, Asa is a ham, but for his first Halloween, Asa was a turkey!
We went to visit Jared, Amanda, and Jackson in Leander the day before Halloween and we just had to dress the boys up in their costumes. Jackson was looking good in his green dragon outfit and I'm pretty sure he was breathing invisible fire that could only be put out by M&Ms.
We are glad to be at a close enough distance to come spend the night on short notice (thanks Amanda!) and have some good family time. We always have fun when we visit the Leander Chapmans!
On Halloween night, we were in New Braunfels and went to Oakwood Baptist's Fall Festival. We met up with my hometown friend Ashley and her husband, Chris, and daughter, Brooklyn. It was good to catch up for a bit and for the litlte ones to meet.
We also ran into Leigh Ann and her family, too. I am just floored when I think about us having babies. It's such a fun stage in life and I think we are all excited about being mommies.

Pic: Leigh Ann is in the middle with her little bumblebee, Madison (5 mo.)
We went for Asa's post-hospital check-up in Boerne yesterday and Asa is looking good according to the doctor. She said that we have to watch him carefully throughout the winter and anytime he starts to get wheezy or breath funny to do a breathing treatment. So, as Pippi Longstocking would say, we're keeping our eyes are peeled!
As far as measurements go, his length was 30 1/4 inches (75 percentile) and he weighed 21 pounds (25 percentile). Asa is one long and lean little turkey, not very good for eating, but cute none-the-less. I think he's stature is going to be a lot like his daddy's.

As you can see from this picture, he's got a lot of growing to do. But we are proud of our little turkey. He's grown 10 inches and gained 13 pounds in 11 months. Way to go, Asa!

2 comments:
It sure is fun keeping up with all of you via the blog. What sweet pictures and what a sweet family! Yep, I can see Asa growing up and being built like his dad. Let's hope his feet stop growing before he reaches those size 14 or 15s. That's why we've always said that Stuart looked like the letter "L". :) Sure do love you guys~
Your "We Tree" will be a "Big Forest" in the blink of an eye!
Post a Comment