Every so often, my family likes to go on walks. They are not long walks but they're just long enough to get outside away from the inside. There are days when the inside can be stuffy and lame.
The other day Dev was pushing our newborn, Abe, in the stroller with her phone playing music. Asa, our 23 month old, was holding my hand. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Abe was snoozing. Dev was talking about her day. Me & Asa were listening.
Then Asa did something awesome. He ran ahead of me unprompted, turned to face me and pushed against my legs with his hands to make me stop. He proceeded to dance! Dance hard. The biggest smile was plastered on his face. After a few seconds, he was done; he grabbed my hand again and kept walking. As quickly as it started, it ended.
I was reminded of 2 Sam 6:14. Bringing the Ark into the city, David danced before the Lord with all his might. Why? He was celebrating the fact that the Ark of the Lord had returned to Jerusalem. In that moment, David wanted to praise our great big God who is worthy of our love and attention. I love that David chose to dance...with all his might.
Asa served as a reminder to me to not forget to dance. Dance with all my might because the God of the Universe deserves it. Obviously, I'm not literally referring to me shaking my hips. More so, I talking about taking time out of my everyday routine to tell God unprompted that I love Him.
So often, we wait till Sunday mornings to worship instead of 'dancing' throughout the week.
Follow Asa's example. Don't forget to dance. Whether its literal or figurative.
Need inspiration? Maybe this video will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment