Abe is 2 weeks old today. I've discovered that when it comes to babies, everyone wants to know the numbers. When he was born, it was, "What time? How much did he weight? How long was he?" (6:04 AM, 5 lbs 13 oz, 19.5 inches) And now it's, "How old is he? How often does he eat? Is he growing?" (2 weeks, every three hours, yes!)
Abe and I (Dev) went to the doctor for his 2 week check up this afternoon and I was very happy with the numbers. When I laid the little guy on the scale, it said "6 lbs 14 oz." I was quite excited to see he had gained 1 pound and 1 ounce since he was born, especially since most babies have just gained back there birth weight by week two.
As far as his length, he was at 19.5 inches at this appointment. The reason I say "this" is because it seems that his length has been a bit up and down. Last week, at his 1 week check up, Abe had gone from 19.5 inches at birth to 18.5 inches at the doctor's office. The doctor and I just chalked it up to the nurses measuring wrong at the hospital and I went on my merry way. Stu, on the other hand, was a little upset that our big boy had shrunk. He looked at me as though my 5 ft 3 inch genes were the cause for Abe's new length, and I felt like I was supposed to say, "Sorry, honey, I shrunk the kid!" Well, much to Stu's excitement, Abe has gone back up to measuring 19.5 inches this week and I was reminded of something funny.
Whenever someone asks Stu how tall he is, he usually says, "Depends on who's measuring." I've often wondered why he is reluctant to say he height (6 ft. 3 inches), but today, for the first time, I understand what he means when he says that.
So, here's a look at Abe's Numbers:
Birth- 5 lbs. 13 oz., 19.5 inches
Week 1- 6 lbs. 5 oz., 18.5 inches
Week 2- 6 lbs. 14 oz., 19.5 inches
Looks like he's gonna catch up to Asa soon... well, I guess it does depend on who's measuring.
~Dev:)
3 comments:
OMG! He's "chunking" up and starting to look more like Asa....ok, maybe just a tiny bit more. He's soooo adorable. Give Abe a big ole hug and kiss from Hunny and Papa and while you're at it, give one to our Asa, too. Sure do love y'all~
How adorable. I'm gonna need a copy of that second pic.
He is so sweet!!! And I'm probably gonna shrink our kiddos :)
Post a Comment