We have a pretty elaborate bedtime/naptime routine that includes a nighttime prayer.
As a part of that routine, we always have Asa close his eyes before the prayer and say "A MEEEEEEN" at the end of the prayer. In our prayer, we include our family sometimes.
At naptime yesterday, I was in a rush to get out the door for work. It was a pretty fast prayer that included only Mom [Dev], Dad [Me] & Abe. When I got to "amen", Asa wouldn't say it. He said something like this...
"Omie, Opie, Hunny, Opie, Poppa [Pop Pop], Hunny, Omie, Two E [Tootie], Nahee [Natty], Two E, Yo [Jo], Din [Dylan], Danckspjnason [He said something that I took to me Jackson], Omie, Hunny, Poppa"
At this point, I could tell his was struggling to remember everybody else's names without a prompt so I helped him out and we went through everybody else's names..
We ended it with a great big "A MEEEEEEN"
Family members...know that you have an almost two year old praying for you.
4 comments:
Aww....so sweet! I can't think of a sweeter little prayer warrior. So proud of you guys. :)
Aww, that's sooo sweet! When yall are home for Thanksgiving, I'm going to take Asa and we're going to play and play until he's calling everyone "LaLa". The child must know my name!
He knows your name La La!
He said your name [Ya Ya] today unprompted!
Asa I love you and I'm so glad I'm your Aunt Yo.
Post a Comment