Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday: Day 1- Water works



As many know, Stu headed off with the Lamplight Missions Team for their trip to Nigeria this morning. We woke up about 4am and he was out the door by 4:45am. His first flight was from San Antonio to Atlanta (2.5 hrs), then Atlanta to NYC (2.5 hrs), and lastly NYC to Abuja, Nigeria (12 hrs). The missions team will arrive in Nigeria on Saturday morning at 9am, which is 3am our time. I hoping he gets lots of sleep on that long flight.



As far as life here in Boerne, Asa and I stayed busy today. Once we got going this morning, we went to the plaza in downtown Boerne Per Stu's suggestion. We played with bubbles and ran around until I got too hot, which only took about 20 minutes! We ran a bunch of errands and were grateful to catch some naps this afternoon. Then the Henson girls, Kate, Leesie & Maddie, came over to play in the sprinkler and baby pool. (That's where the pics are from.) We had a fun time and were definitely glad for the company.


Note: Asa is holding Kate's diet root beer in his hands. Didn't want anyone to get worried ;)

Before Stu left we videoed him reading books so Asa could watch and we could read along with daddy. Asa kissed the TV (wish I could have gotten this on camera) and said daddy a bunch. It was really sweet. I think he misses daddy already. I know I sure do!

1 comment:

Hunny said...

Aww, so sweet! Almost cried when I read of Asa kissing his Daddy---priceless moment.