Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday: Day 3- Blue shoes & I love yous

While getting Asa ready for church this morning, I put on his usual sneakers, but he didn't seem happy about it. He kept pointing at his shoe bucket and when I pulled out his new blue Crocs, he got very excited. He tugged at his sneakers, so I took them off and put on the blue shoes. It's the first time he's ever picked out anything he wanted to wear. With his blue shoes on, he was a happy camper.

In the kid's service today, the large group leader had us say "Howdy" just like Stu has the kids do every Sunday. But then he had them do it again, saying "Yell loud enough for Stu to hear us all the way in Africa!" The kids screamed as loud as they could and I thought it was endearing. I had a number of people ask me if I was hanging in there and if Stu was taking lots of pictures. My answer was yes to both. I have really felt the prayers for our family and I have not be anxious or nervous like I thought I'd be. BUT ask me again when Stu heads to get the cows from the Falani. It might be a different story... ;)

This afternoon I got to talk with Stu on Skype and I was beyond excited! It was awesome to see his face and hear his voice, and it's crazy to think that the village has internet. I didn't get to hear too much about the trip, but Stu was in great spirits and I could tell he was right where he belonged. He introduced me to a few of the people at the orphanage and I was told that the kids have a hard time understanding him b/c of his "twang." That makes me giggle! I was also told he was doing a great job with the kids already, but I can't say I'm surprised. He's a kid person if I've ever known one!

I just had to take a picture of the laptop while Skyping; "I love you!"

Asa looking at "da-deee" and saying "no-nut" (a.k.a. donut); Stu's clapping.

Stu's note for the day suggested we play in the sprinklers, so we did. Asa has played in the water the past three days and he has loved it. I think it's even helped to break his fear of getting water in his eyes during bath-time.


Asa and I are smiling big b/c we got to talk to daddy today.

We love you and miss you, daddy! Look forward to hearing some cool stories from your side of the world! XOXO, Ace & Dev

No comments: