Anyway, around 10:45am we headed over to the rental and that's when we had our run-in with the law. We were going to meet Tammy from church who was going to help us start cleaning. While I was waiting for her, I discovered we had left some junk on the back deck, so I decided to put it across the street where there was a big pile of brush. We've been there a year and people always seem to dump stuff there, so I took a red lawn chair, papasan chair, and some garden shoes over. Tammy and her son arrived, and about 15 minutes later Tammy says, "The police are here!" I answered the door to Officer Whatcha-Doodle who said he didn't know who called, but a neighbor reported me dumping trash on private property. While the officer was taking my info down, I had Tammy go get the stuff and discovered someone had already taken the red chair (which was my whole point in putting the stuff over there). I didn't get a warning or anything, but I was pretty hacked when Whatch-Doodle left. Ohh well...Then this afternoon we headed to NB to hang out with my parents. They have a garden and have been getting lots of cucumbers, so I thought it'd be a good idea to start the process of making pickles. Two gallons of water and 2 cups of canning salt later, and we had ourselves a nice brine.
It was quite hot today, so we had Ace Man cool off in the cabana pool. I tried to post a video of him playing, but it didn't work. Next time maybe. I put this picture on here because I wanted to show yall Asa's curls. His hair has some of the curls that Shirley Temple only wished she could have had naturally. If you click on the pic it will get larger and you can see what I'm talkin about. Also, if you look in the background you can see my dad watering their garden.
I'm sure no one will be surprised if I say that toddlers are into everything. Asa's obsession today was the drawer with the baby spoons and a mitten box. He wanted to wear the gloves and it looked so funny. Reminded me of Edward Scissorhands. Same likeness, don't ya think?
Police and all, we had a good day. We missed daddy a ton and we hope to hear from him tomorrow. Praying for the team 'til then...
2 comments:
Looks like you had lots of show for your day. Asa's curls are wonderful. You must get Jared to tell you about Edward "Scissorfangers".
Can't see you getting cuffed and hauled off to jail, Dev. That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! So glad you are not living in that neighborhood anymore! Now you have nice neighbors that are already friends. God bless you in your new home!
Post a Comment