Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday: Day 6- halfway, 19 months, & tired


Ohhhh, boy! It's the halfway point for the trip. I'm sure it's gone by super fast for Stu and the team. It's actually gone by pretty quickly over here, as well, which reminds me of something else that's gone by quick... Asa is 19 months old today! Time flies, aye? Well, now that he's a big boy, I've decided to put him to work. No more kiddie lawn mower for this boy. He's on to bigger things, see:
Okay, you caught me. He's not gonna mow over all that stuff in the shed, but he wanted to.

After 6 days of being w/out daddy, I think the word of the day would have to be TIRED! Asa got up early, only had a 40 minute nap, ran around outside at Omee & Opee's bunch, and he is beyond tired. So much so that he is fighting sleep tonight and I am just hoping Deke doesn't slam the door once Asa finally falls asleep.

I got to skype with Stu today and he said he was completely exhausted. So, he's tired, too. He said when he went to brush his teeth the other day, there was a monkey in the bathroom! I thought that was funny. Knowing how tired he is, though, I wonder if he just imagined it. Ha!

I'm tired, too. I thought I'd get to unpack some boxes over the past few days but I've been busy keeping the house together and a toddler entertained. I've also been working on camp stuff and church stuff on the computer and it hasn't been easy to do, especially with Asa begging for my attention. I'm betting if we were all at home and were this tired, Stu and I would debate who was more tired and who had to get up with Asa first in the morning, ha!

We are in NB for the next couple of days and I am hoping I'll get to take it easy some. Deke played with Asa a good bit today and it actually sounded like Asa said "Deke." He said it more like "deed" but it was close.

Asa bent Opee's glasses, so Uncle Deke had to show the off.

Asa loves outside lately. We went to see the cows and he just kept saying "Mooooo, mooo, moo." I bet I heard it 200 times in 10 minutes. He tried to feed Domino grass, but she didn't want it. Then he tried rocks and she didn't want that either, but he did like dropping the rocks over the fence. Another thing Asa likes is hearing airplanes fly overhead. Just last Thursday he was afraid and would cling to me when he heard them, but now he points to the sky and says "Ahh, ahh." He's growing up so fast!

Speaking of growing, or hibiscus plant has been revived and bloomed! Thankfully Stu planted it before he left and it's doing good now. Ta ta until tomorrow, folks!

We love daddy, yes we do, we love daddy, how about you???

No comments: