Today was all about driving and rain... I headed back to Boerne so I could get the camera charger b/c with all the cousins being together this weekend, I had to get some pics. I ran some errands in Boerne and even cashed in the change jar money. Any guesses as to how much was actually in 1/4 of one of those huge Ozarka water jugs (all silver coins)???Once I got back, we loaded up and left NB around 12:45 PM. Traffic in Austin was bad, bad, but you can't blame anyone b/c the rain was bad, bad. There were times I could hardly see the road and I was pretty sure Hurricane Alex had sent his daughter Alexita to visit ATX.
We got to Leander around 2:30 PM, rain still a-comin', and loaded up the mini-van. Amanda and I were very excited to be test-driving, or test-riding rather, in the mini-van. It was very spacious and had cup holders galore! Anyway, the two big boys were in the back seat, Amanda & Hutch were in the middle and Jared & I rode up front. Asa had a rough trip and I kept having to ask Amanda to get this or that for him. Most of the time he said no when she'd give him things and would fuss. Somehow Jack fell asleep through the chaotic screams and Hutch did, too. There was something about the new surroundings that kept him up I guess. Asa finally, and I mean finally, fell asleep right before we exited for MP. It was a gloriously quite 15 minutes, I must say!
Did I mention that all the cousins look soo big! Well, they do. I'll post pics later...
The internet was on the fritz, so I am actually posting this Saturday morning. Here are some of our morning activities in Stu's old room:
Asa watching daddy read books on the camera. Today's stories were Leonardo The Terrible Monster & Cowboy.

Asa drinking out of a juice box for the first time ever. Yeah, he's got juice all over him. Yeah, he decided it'd be fun to squeeze the juice out on his pants. Yeah, he loved it!
Well, better get downstairs with the rest of the early birds. Stu's 2nd camp for the day is about to start and we're praying for great things!
Hey Stu, The internet is acting up, so if we aren't on Skype, that's why. In case we don't get to talk with ya, we have some questions. And, yes, would enjoy some answers ;)
1. What did you do today?
2. Was camp rockin'?
3. Is tomorrow, Sunday, your last full day at the orphange?
4. When do yall head to the airport?
We dug your post about the market. Sounds like madness, and fun, too. We love you so much and hope you're doing awesome! You're our all-star! XOXO, Dev & Ace
1 comment:
1. What did you do today?
Today, we had camp. Balloons tanked with the little kids. Parachute and fruit loop beads were a hit. These kids are unreal when they sing. It is literally at the top of their lungs whether they know the words or not. Songs were a hit.
The camp with the older kids was great. The kick ball was a bust (especially with the girls). My talking was smooth with the older kids as well. We've done lots of video recordings with the kids singing. Get excited. We've also learned a song they sing here for the kids to sing at Compassion Sunday.
2. Was camp rockin'?
Yes (in general). Cibolo folks were rock starts.
3. Is tomorrow, Sunday, your last full day at the orphange?
Yes but I'm not sure what we will be doing. I think I will help with Children's Church and then we will get a a tour of the village (I'm really excited about).
4. When do yall head to the airport?
We will leave early early on Monday morning. Will you be picking me up at the airport? If you do, I would get really excited. Theresa is picking up Adam & Adrienne. Talk to Theresa if you do pick me up to find out what time to get me.
I miss you and love you.
Post a Comment