Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light, what so proudly we hail at the twilight's last gleaming, who's broad stripes and bright stars... yes, it's the Fourth of July, but I feel more like a stuffed turkey on Thanksgiving!
For lunch today we set up the feast at the outdoor kitchen and had quite a meal: ribs, jalapano sausage, in-the-husk roasted corn, rolls, dill potato salad, grilled asparagus and pink lemonade. We ate our fill then we dug into Pop's Raspberry Limeade cake with strawberries- yum, yum, yum. But by the time we got to dessert, the weather turned on us and we had to eat the rest of our cake in the house.
I think the food overload sent me into sleepy mode. Late this afternoon, guess I was lookin a little ragged b/c Hunny talked me into taking a nap. When I got up Jack & Asa were outside with Hunny & Pop Pop in the mud puddles and pumpkin patch. I know they had a blast!
When they came in, I was told all the new word Asa had said while outside:
Oscar (ahh-cur)
Jack
Pumpkin (bum-in)
Daisy (day-eee)
He has been talking up a storm today. On the way back from church, Dylan and Asa kept saying donut, donut, donut, or as Asa would say, no-nut, no-nut, no-nut. One of the words he was having trouble saying was Hunny. He would just grunt, so I had him try "nun-nee" and he did it! So, according to Asa, Hunny is now Nunny.
This evening, after we grubbed on leftovers and had more cake, we headed out to play with sparklers. Jack and Asa were already asleep, but Dylan, Hutch & Hensley got to play.
We had a good Fourth. We missed daddy and we held off on the fireworks so daddy could be there for the first time Asa sees them. Hopefully we'll all be together next 4th of July, maybe even in Nigeria!
You are now on your journey back to Texas. We are so ready to see you on Tuesday! Hope the travels are smooth and you get some sleep on the plane. See you soon! Love ya...
XOXO, Dev & Ace


No comments:
Post a Comment