Our day basically consisted of traveling home. We left MP at 7:30 am, made it to Leander by 1 pm, then got to NB at 3:45 pm. I thought we would be staying the night in NB, but Asa's wheezing got worse (he started to cough a lot yesterday and then turned into a wheeze this afternoon), so we had to head back to Boerne to use the nebulizer.
We arrived around 6:15 pm, and after a breathing treatment he was sounding much better, but he was a testy little boy. If he couldn't do what he wanted, talk about a fit. Anyway, the poor guy rolled off the couch, hit his head, and you would've thought he cracked his noggin. He was flipping and flopping and wouldn't even let me hold him at first. Then when he calmed down, he laid on my chest for about 10 minutes. I hate when he's feeling bad and not breathing well. It scares me, so I keep asking God to be with him to help him breath and me so I know what to do.
When praying for Stu and the team's flights back to the States and when hoping Asa would feel better, I thought of this verse today:
Isaiah 40:31
"but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

Scripture is so fulfilling and something I want to fill my heart with. I've noticed as Stu's been in Nigeria that it is easier, for the lack of a better word, to seek the Lord and ask for his help when my heart is troubled. But I find myself realizing that I need to seek Him at all times, not just when I'm in pain or in need of comfort.
Anyway, I didn't get but one picture today. When we got back all Asa wanted to do was tote around the suitcase. It was too heavy at first so I emptied it (Asa screaming as I did) and then let him roll with it. I think he was practicing so he could help his daddy tomorrow at the airport. :-D

See you in less than 24 hrs! Your flight can't get here fast enough... Love you, Dev

No comments:
Post a Comment